Saving money can be difficult when you’re trying to find fun and inexpensive date ideas. Sometimes the best way to learn about a romantic partner is a new activity or even just a quiet evening at home. Planning an activity will be a breeze with these cheap date ideas!
1. Go bowling together. Bowling is fun and easy and usually very inexpensive. Partners can challenge each other to see who can get the highest score, and have a few laughs in the process!
2. Go thrift/antique shopping. Take turns picking out silly, outdated clothing for each other or find unique pieces for the home. Either way, it’ll be entertaining. Or go to the mall and window shop. While most people would be tempted to spend their cash, this can be a fun way to discover items that a significant other would like to have. Maybe as a future birthday gift.
3. Play a board game or do a puzzle. Monopoly, Scrabble, cards… games are standard and super easy to play as a couple. Plus, you can learn a lot about a person through the strategy that they choose.
4. Conduct a wine tasting at home. Research the best cheese/wine pairings and then head to the store together to find the top picks. This is a cheap date idea where you can learn something new! You may even find your new go-to combination.
5. Take a bike ride and have a picnic. Pack a few snacks, drinks, and a blanket in a backpack and take off! Doing something physical will energize both parties and stimulate new conversations. Don’t have a bike? See if you can borrow one from a friend, or rent one for an hour.
6. Cook a meal together. Research new recipes together and then decide on one that looks appealing. Couples can go to the grocery store and make an evening out of preparing a fun meal together.
7. Watch your favorite childhood movies and eat candy. This is a fun way to learn about a person’s past and reminisce about good times. What was your favorite candy to devour as a child? Maybe you haven’t eaten it in a while. Don’t have your favorite movie on hand? Spend an evening watching funny music videos or YouTube together. YouTube is free and cheesy music videos from the 80’s and 90’s are plentiful. Have some fun!
8. Go for a walk or a hike. Have a four-legged friend? Don’t forget to take them too! This is great exercise and a great way to burn your furry friend’s extra energy. Make sure to bring lots of water for all parties and a bowl for the pup to drink out of!
9. Play tennis. Tennis is a great game to play as a duo and free if you can find an empty court at the park. All you need are racquets and a good attitude! This can be a very fun, physical game if both partners are able to improve their skills.
10. Go to happy hour. Most of the time, appetizers are cheap and are just as good as the dinner portions! Go to dinner a little bit early to snag those happy hour deals and then relax at home with a movie or game.
11. Plan a dream vacation together. Grab a laptop and look at pictures of your favorite destinations together. Then, partners can scheme ways to save money to fund this future vacation. Each will learn about the other’s money saving habits and work towards something together.
12. Workout together, maybe your partner knows a little bit more about lifting weights than you do? Either way, exercise is good for the soul and a positive activity that couples can do to improve themselves, together.
13. Grab an ice-cream and people watch at the park. This is a low-key date idea for when you just want to relax and observe the world around you. Grab a swing and linger until dusk. Maybe you can even gaze at the stars before heading home.
14. Get breakfast. If you’re really itching to go out to eat, go out to breakfast! Breakfast is personally my favorite meal and it is the cheapest to eat out for. Go to a local diner or cafe and get a large stack of pancakes and share!
15. Volunteer together. Maybe there is an animal shelter in need of loving hands or a soup-kitchen that could use a few extra smiling faces. Both parties will feel happy and positive when doing an activity like this together.